The National Association of Estate Agents and the Association of Residential Letting Agents have issued a manifesto of 13 following policies that they hope the next government will enact.
One of their calls is for all property agents to be licensed and hold a Level 3 qualification being the equivalent of an A Level.
Here’s their list. You can read more about the 13 policies here:
- Regulation of property agents
- Abolish the three per cent surcharge on additional residential property
- Introduce Property MOTs
- Exempt down-sizers from stamp duty or give them incentives to encourage them to move
- Court system reform
- Introduce a digital logbook for every property bought and sold
- Legislate to ensure developers remedy leasehold agreements containing onerous clauses
- End the Local Housing Allowance cap and improve how Universal Credit operates
- An open database for rogue landlords and property agents
- Review of landlord taxes
- Introduce new regulations for short term lets
- Help the Private Rented Sector with Energy efficiency and climate change
- Extend Flood Re to the leasehold sector and Private Rented Sector