Thank you for completing your registration with FocalAgent. You’re well on your way to becoming a Focal Pro!
There are just a few finer details to go through; all of which can be found below:
To become a Focal Pro, please follow the below instructions on how to complete a trial job and submit your work.
- DSLR Camera
- Aperture: f/7.0 – f/9
- ISO 400 (maximum)
- Wide-Angle Lens
- 16mm -18mm FF
- 10mm -12mm CF
- Laser Measurer
- Graph Paper
Please submit the following when submitting your trial:
- 20 property photos (Jpg > 3MB)
- 1 Floorplan
- Camera settings should be set to F8 / IS0 400 as a starting point – F stop should never go lower than 7.1 as this will ensure the whole image is pin sharp.
- Vertical lines must be nice and straight – this is for both internal and external shots. A tripod must be used for all internal shots. Tip – set your camera on a small timer delay to ensure no camera shake.
- Please manually adjust camera settings accordingly. Make the most of the natural light available, you want to ensure your photos are nice and bright giving the impression of a lovely day inside and out.
- Where needed, add flash to lift shadows – position the flash facing up and towards you. Please watch out for any unnatural shadow casts.
- Remember not to use too much flash as this will result in a more artificial looking image. The trick is to use just enough flash to simply compliment the natural light, not to overpower it.
- There should be an equal ratio of ceiling/wall/floor. However, when shooting over objects such as sofas/dining tables/kitchen work tops please adjust the height of the tripod accordingly. Likewise with properties that have high ceilings.
- External composition should be centrally framed, clearly indicating which property is being marketed. Along with an equal part sky and floor ratio.
- Measure from wall to wall in each room and include garages where necessary
- A good rule of thumb is that 1 large square is equal to 1 metre squared (m2)
- Take a minimum of two measurements per room (length and width) to prevent errors
- Make sure windows are placed correctly, doors hinge the right way, etc in line with other symbols
- Keep your lines straight, as wobbly lines can be confused for curves
- Include all fixtures and fittings (bath, shower, oven, sink etc.
Public Liability Insurance, Professional Indemnity Insurance & DBS
- Public Liability Insurance – Minimum £1,000,000
- Professional Indemnity Insurance – Minimum £50,000
- Clean Basic DBS no older than 3 years
We don’t require these yet; you can continue with the trial job and upload these later in your application.
We take the stress out of being a freelance photographer
- Editing of photos and Floorplan all done inhouse, just upload the unedited Jpeg files
- Average travel to a property is under 9 miles
- Guaranteed payment each month through self-billing, no need to send us invoices for payment
- We send you work that you can accept or decline on our Pro APP
|£30 – Photos & Floor Plan|
|£45 – Vieweet, Photos & Floor Plan (360 product)|
|£50 – Matterport, Photos & Floor Plan (360 product)|
£10 – Elevated photography
£10 – Large Property over 2000sqft or 6+ Bedrooms
£20 – Large Property over 4000sqft
£15 – Cancellation Fee for orders cancelled on same day as appointment
In exceptional circumstances, we will cover travel fees where we need your help to cover out of area orders.